Navigation Lights & Shapes – International Colregs
The app for Navigators of Sailboats, Power Boats and Commercial Vessels, Worldwide
Colregs: Nav Lights & Shapes App provides skippers and crew of recreational and commercial vessels with a quick reference tool to help them identify vessels in their vicinity and the activities they are engaged in, as specified in Part C: “Lights and Shapes” (Rules 20-31) of the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea (IRPCS) or ColRegs.
Whether learning or revising ashore, or when navigating in poor visibility or darkness, simply open the app and quickly find the appropriate nav lights configuration to help identify the types of vessel and their aspect, or the day shapes displayed in daylight. Then read the relevant ColRegs rule beneath the graphic for a detailed explanation.
**** This very popular application has been downloaded & used daily by thousands of seafarers worldwide ****
Download now from these appstores:
Features and Benefits:
- Quick reference learning and revision tool
- Simple, easy to use navigation
- Especially useful for students of Day Skipper, Coastal Skipper and Yachtmaster courses
- Over 100 custom made graphics with clear, concise descriptions of all the rules
- Researched and produced by nautical and marine experts for accuracy
- Positively evaluated by professional navigators for reliability
- Interactive “Test Yourself” Section
- No internet connection required.
The app has 4 sections:
1. Nav Lights features graphics and descriptions of the lights that are displayed by different vessels at night or in poor visibility.
2. Day Shapes features graphics and descriptions of the shapes that are displayed during daylight.
3. Test Yourself features multiple choice questions of lights and shapes to test your knowledge.
4. ColRegs features the IRPCS Part C: Lights and Shapes rules in full.
Use the Test Yourself section to check your knowledge and application of the rules. If you answer any incorrectly, go back and read through the rule again.
Note: Another app in this series: “ColRegs: Rules Of The Road” covers the “Steering & Sailing Rules” and “Sound and Light Signals” sections as specified in the IRPCS.
Reviews by users of this app:
“Very easy to use, wish I’d had this when I was doing my Day Skipper!”
“We run a training centre and these apps are a great aide memoire for our students.”
“I have just downloaded and am using ColRegs Nav Lights & Shapes app, a brilliant training and reference device.”
“I was so impressed with your Nav Lights app that I bought it and downloaded it immediately.”
“I have deleted another app that I had in favour of yours.”
“….excellent graphics, really first class clean design and accurate info…”
” Beautifully produced and very simple to use, a cool learning tool”
“Good app for anyone to use, especially when you are training for boatmaster, yachtmaster etc. Much easier than flip cards.”
“Clear and concise. Great app, works well on HTC Wildfire.”
“Muito bom. Vale apena comprar.”
“Muy buena y practica.”
Boaters know that collision avoidance is made possible as long as all boat operators know how to deal with situations appropriately.
ColRegs: Nav Lights & Shapes was updated to include additions to the rules and additional quizzes.
Other apps in this series:
– ColRegs: Rules of the Road – covers Part A: General (Rules 1-3), Part B: “Steering and Sailing Rules” (Rules 4-19), Part D: “Sound and Light Signals” (Rules 32 to 37) and “Distress Signals” (Annex IV) of the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea,(IRPCS) or ColRegs. More…
– Navigation Rules Inland – covers the complete Inland Navigation Rules for U.S. inland waters and the Great Lakes. More…
– IALA Buoyage and Lights – covers the International Association of Lighthouse Authorities (IALA) Systems A & B. More…
Download now from these appstores: