IALA Buoys & Lights at Sea – Colregs
For Navigators of Sailboats, Power Boats and Commercial Vessels, Worldwide
IALA Buoyage & Lights is a quick reference tool designed to help users learn and identify the buoys and light markers as specified by the International Association of Lighthouse Authorities (IALA) Systems A & B. This boating app features explanatory graphics with clear, concise descriptions, the IALA Rules in full and Test Yourself quizzes.
There are 4 main sections:
1. Buoyage: A graphic reference guide with 70 illustrations and captions which explain the different types of buoy, their uses, appearance, permutations and light characteristics.
2. Lights: A graphic reference guide with 12 illustrations and captions which explain the different types of light and their characteristics, used by beacons and lighthouses.
3. IALA Rules: The International Association of Lighthouse Authorities (IALA) rules are reproduced in full.
4. Test Yourself: A series of multiple choice questions with 35 graphic representations of buoys and lights helps you check your knowledge.
Whether out on the water or on shore, in daylight, darkness or poor visibility, simply open the app and search the buoys, beacons, markers and lights in seconds to find the appropriate rule and definition.
Features and Benefits:
- Ideal learning and revision tool
- Ideal for quick reference when afloat
- Specially designed graphics with clear, concise captions
- Researched and produced by nautical experts for accuracy
- Positively evaluated by professionals for reliability
- Interactive "Test Yourself" Section
- No internet connection required
Reviews by users of this app:
“The graphics are clear and well done, and the info is great to carry with me. Works perfectly.”
"I've been studying for my exams, and this was really useful. A few of us made the purchase, and everyone reckons it was worth it. A good buy for anyone out on the water."
"Great app. Clear and concise. Works well on HTC Wildfire."
"Detailed, Neat and beautiful. Thx"
"Seriously good, well presented info, well researched - good for home revision or on the water. One to get."
Other apps in the series:
ColRegs: Nav Lights & Shapes covers Part C: "Lights and Shapes" (Rules 20-31) of the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea (IRPCS). More...
ColRegs: Rules of the Road - covers Part A: General (Rules 1-3), Part B: "Steering and Sailing Rules" (Rules 4-19), Part D: "Sound and Light Signals" (Rules 32 to 37) and "Distress Signals" (Annex IV) of the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea,(IRPCS) or ColRegs. More...
Navigation Rules Inland - covers the complete Inland Navigation Rules for U.S. inland waterways and the Great Lakes. More...